Monday, February 28, 2011

Where does time go???

Wow last post feb 9th. Here it is the 28th. Life got away with me, but while i was gone on the wild adventures known as my life I did get some wonderful knitting done. Fingerless gloves for my sister are DONE!!! YAY!!! Well i just have to weave in the ends and adjust the width of one, but that will take me at most half an hour. My big man sweater for my dad, I'm 3/4ths done the first sleeve. Its great being able to lay out the pieces and seeing how they will go together. My feburary lady sweater. Still in the garter stitch yoke, UGH. But i did finish my first skein, hoping to highjack my wifes hands and get her to help me wind another skein into a ball. Should be past the yoke soon and then i can dive into the lace part. Should be interesting. I am contemplating going up a needle size or two for the lace because when i did the test swatch of the lace pattern, not so much lace went on even though i stretched ALOT.

I had my dear sister in law come and see me at work one day this past week and reminded me that in 5 WEEKS she is due. Which isnt much time to get things done. It's her and my brother's first child and since i know they don't read this blog I can tell you that I am going to be knitting up some booties with ties for the lil guy or gal (they decided to not find out the sex). I am contemplating also a yoda bottle cover because I saw it and started giggling till my sides hurt and i was snorting. But alas I dont have the right colors and neither does my LYS, so I then thought i could change it to be a smurf. Still kicking around that idea but will most definately let you know what I have decided. I was able to get some time over the week and cranked out TWO sets of booties (just need to do the ties now) One is for my brother and his wife and the other is for the lady that plays the piano for our choir. She is due about 5 to 7 days before my sister in law.

So recently, just before valentines day, my LYS had a sale. Clearance and massive discounts to get the old stuff moved out and space made for the pretty summer yarns. Well at this sale I found some lovely noro vintage which will become a marvelous toque for me and my darling wife said make sure you buy some red yarn from me, for you. And i did. I found the last skein of some yummy lace weight malabringo in the colourway sealing wax. Sooooooo soft soooo yuummmmyy Now i know what the fuss is about. I also found some lovely noro vintage on sale and that will become a hat for me, possibly a cabled one. The weather here has gotten cold and snowy, I started a cabled scarf yesterday and am now about 6 inches into it. I love having days off where I can hide away from the world and just knit.

I have a few more hours of solitude and thought I better get back on here before anyone thought that something horrible happened to me. Nothing horrible i promise just life going nuts with work and being forced to move out by the end of march. So with that I shall say adieu for now and go back to my quiet time,

No comments:

Post a Comment