Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday.......and library day

It came to my realization today, being that its a monday and it is a day I actually get to sit and think, that I love books......and mondays. 
Weird I know, but here is the thing with my jobs, I am usually working from wednesday to sunday. Thus Monday is my Saturday. And usually a day I either dig out the books and read non stop or a day I knit. Well today so far i have read, knitted on a beret for my sister (see sea urchin beret on ravelry) and crocheted the start of a dishcloth to teach my wife how to crochet. I also get to go to choir (I sing in a semi professional choir of approximately 50 people) and probably knit some more on a sweater (the one for my dad) or the beret. But I might get crazy and finish swatching for the Knit A Long (KAL) that I am doing in Feburary (it is the feburary lady sweater and I am doing it with the knitwits podcast you should definately go check them out. Really. their shownotes are knitwitspodcast.blogspot.com  go right now and then come back). But I am not even close to what else I get to do today. This is the exciting part. I am going to the library.

I love my local library, it may be a bit odd for someone to love a library so much but then again i am only partially normal. My library has a great staff that always make me giggle and here is the best part. They keep track of how many books are being checked out on a specific subject and once the amount has gone up they bring in extra books from other librarys. So since October when i really started knitting, I have been checking out books and getting ideas and maybe photocopying a page or two (or 30) and now there are even MORE knitting books. Its so awesome. 

One that I highjacked from there for about 3 months (the max time i could have it) is an amazing resource. It is called The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe. This little book (its about 5" by 3.5" and maybe an 1.5" thick) is jammed pack with useful tips and how tos. I have learnt SOOOOO much from just flipping through to find the answer to something completely different. Well worth the 16.50 I paid for it. You should go find it and horde your own copy of it. 

Mhmmm here comes my wife, time to teach her the joys of playing with yarn. After that a trip to the library (sqeeee) and to choir. 


A special thanks to mama.zi for deciding im special enough to follow. If i had gold stars you would get one.

1 comment: