Saturday, January 22, 2011

This Is It

My name is Kathryn. Kitty to most of my friends. I am a fairly normal woman. Recently married, looking at eventually having kids, works at a job I don't really care for but it pays the bills. You could say that I'm plain, dull even. But I have a dark secret. An addiction even.
I shouldn't talk about it, it could be dangerous. Maybe even get someone killed. Well.....probably not. This secret I have kept hidden. To some it might not be a surprise but to others, well it's a kick in the teeth.
Maybe I should tell you. Oh but I don't want to put you in danger. But your grown people you can take care of yourself. Okay but don't say I didn't warn you. This is dangerous stuff.
Here it is: I am addicted. To knitting that is. Since October 2010, it seems I can't do enough of it. I carry a sweater in my purse (which I have since needed to upgrade to a bigger one) so I have something to do and don't get bored. I have plans of tackling more than just scarfs and sweaters. I am going to take on Lady Elanor. And just so you know. Lady Elanor is not for the faint of heart. This shawl is approximately 6 feet of knitted squares so they appear to be woven. Headaches and strong drinks will probably be a constant companion as I take her on. But I will prevail. My knitting motto is "How hard can it be??" That got me doing sweaters, socks and coming soon a lace sweater. So I say to Lady Elanor, How hard can you be? Knitting is just different combinations of the same 2 stitches. Lady Elanor and I shall meet and test each other's wills but for now I shall go tackle the Bethel Woods sweater for my dad. Current status of it: the back is done, the right front is done and the left front just started. Here I go to play with 2 sticks and string.

No comments:

Post a Comment