Monday, January 24, 2011

Saying goodbye....and hello

So I just got back from spending some good quality time with a dear friend of mine. I had a blast, so why then did i cry on the way? My dear friend is moving away, and I don't mean like 2 towns over. I mean ACROSS THE ENTIRE COUNTRY. My friend, B, whom i have known for a few years is going back to where he came from. Which is great for him, he gets to be back with his friends and family and everything. But what about me??? K so maybe i am being just a bit selfish but growing up i never did have alot of friends. Partially due to the fact i lived SO far out of town and couldn't get rides because we were always busy with my brothers and sister, and also due to the fact that I am just a little bit louder and a little bit werider than most people and so I knew everyone might not be game for it and i was okay with it. I read alot, and sewed. And I had things to do with my time to keep me busy. So now that I am an adult, why do I have such a hard time saying goodbye???
I grew up on a farm and was taught at an early age that sometimes you have to say goodbye and you might not see them again. (I also found out that if you drop an egg on the floor get the dog to lick it up they do a much better job than any cloth i have ever seen). Well right now I want to stamp my foot and say no B you can't go. Childish, probably, sincere definitely. B is one of my best friends and its hard for me to send him off but I will. I have to and I will wish him the best.

So, with goodbyes there are usually a hello. Well my hello came in the form of some knitting. I told my sister at Christmas that she would get some neat things from me as part of her Christmas present. She picked out this cute beret (the sea urchin hat if your on ravelry) and this lovely yarn (some berecco sundae) So far so good I have the first few inches of ribbing done and I have to say though this yarn is lovely and soft its a *%*#*@ to work with. There is next to no definite twist to it and each time i got to put my needle through the loop i nearly always splice it some how. Definitely a project to do with good lighting and a strong cup of tea. To which i should go tackle some on after i add something stronger to my tea

No comments:

Post a Comment